About the Kansas Self Storage Owner’s Association
Founded in 2004, the Kansas Self Storage Owner’s Association (KSSOA) was created to strengthen the self-storage industry in Kansas, promote professional standards and quality, and present a unified voice on issues affecting the industry in the state and in its communities. KSSOA continues that mission today with approximately 150 facility and vendor members.
KSSOA is an organization for its members, designed to serve the interests of men and women in the self storage industry. Since its foundation, KSSOA maintains the vision that its membership will create and sustain a strong industry presence in Kansas to preserve the rights of self storage business owners. Collectively KSSOA seeks to accomplish its goals through education, networking and governmental relations. By addressing the concerns of self storage facility owners and managers through newsletters, programs and presentations at statewide meetings and through its internet presence, KSSOA creates an important network of owners, managers, vendors, consultants, legal advisors, and industry representatives.
KSSOA provides industry information, technology access, member discount for products and services, and advocacy and professional development services. KSSOA stays on top of regulatory and legislative actions that can affect local self storage facility owners. The association is governed by a board of directors.
The Kansas Self Storage Owner's Association is continually working to add and refine services, which will benefit its members. The following is a current list of those services:
- Legislative Watch: KSSOA represents members' interests by presenting a united front on legislative issues impacting the self-storage industry in Kansas.
- Legal: Access to outside industry legal counsel.
- Communications: KSSOA provides information on association activities, industry trends and articles on legal, management and operational issues through its annual publication, Standards, and its websites.
- Facility & Owner Search: KSSOA maintains one of the state's largest online self-storage databases designed to link potential renters with members and help you find services you need.
- Educational Events & Networking: Workshops, seminars, facility tours, & other KSSOA events provide the opportunity for members to network and learn from educational presentations.
- Kansas Self Storage Conference & Trade Show: KSSOA's annual conference offers top-tier educational resources, networking opportunities and a trade show featuring local and national vendors.
- Forms & Documents: KSSOA provides a members-only standardized lease and other forms to aid in daily operations.
- Membership Identification: Annual decals and KSSOA logos are available to let your customers know you belong to your industry's professional association.